Tuesday, December 19, 2006

The Voyage Begins

Tuesday, December 19, 2006: San Francisco.
'Tis the Tuesday 'fore Christmas and all through the house, many creatures are stirring, all ready to pounce. With I in my PJs, and luggage awaits. Passports and toothpaste -- all packings, make haste! When what to my pre-traveled eyes should appear, but a miniature "blog spot" with pixels I fear! On laptop, on keyboard, I typed with a flash. Soon to be seaward, and needless of cash!

...so much for late-night pseudo holiday poetry. This time next week we'll be 'tween LA and Hawaii, steaming in lanes made smooth by decades of Maston / Dollar and President Liners. Ah..aboard ship again! This time, our voyage brings us to the decks of "Celebrity Summit" ( a new ship, having thoroughly enjoyed two of her sisters, "Constellation" and ""Infinity") for a series of "LinerLore" lectures on maritime history and a much needed vacation from land-life. ( Sigh). I can feel the deck heaving already. More anon.

No comments: